Very Yummy!!!!!! I used the instant coffee instead of espresso powder! People who do not like coffee will still love these!
Cappuccino-Caramel Oat Bars
Prep: 30 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
* 3 cups rolled oats
* 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup chopped pecans
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 2 cups packed brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder or instant espresso powder
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* Coffee Glaze
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 15x10x1-inch baking
pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl stir together oats, flour, the 1 cup pecans, baking
soda, and salt; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an
electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar
and beat until combined, scraping the sides of bowl occasionally. Beat
in eggs, 1 tablespoon coffee powder, and vanilla until combined. Beat
in as much of the oat mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any
remaining mixture with a wooden spoon. Reserve 2 cups of the mixture
for the topping.
3. Using floured hands, press remaining oat mixture evenly into bottom
of prepared pan. Spread caramel topping evenly over crust to within
1/4 inch of edges. Drop spoonfuls of reserved topping mixture over
caramel topping; sprinkle with the 1/2 cup pecans.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are
set (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack. If desired, drizzle
with Coffee Glaze. Cut into bars. Makes 48 bars.
5. Coffee Glaze: In a small bowl combine 2 tablespoons very hot milk
and 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder; stir until dissolved. Stir in 1
cup sifted powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over bars in pan. Let
stand 15 minutes to set glaze.
6. To Store: Cover pan tightly and store at room temperature for up to
3 days or freeze for up to 1 month