Robyn from Robyn's Online World. She has posted some fun foodie post like "Cookie Dough Shortage" and "Red Lobster Revisited". She also post on Weekly menus. Her current recipe was submitted into Lori's (@acowboyswife) My Wooden Spoon Food Challenge.
Robyn is one of the 5 Finalist! Check out her recipe below. I love her twist by adding hot sauce! Go check out the 5 finalist and show some voting love to Robyn and her very COOL and unique HOT recipe!
From Robyn's Blog:
The challenge called for a recipe made with Corn Flakes, hot sauce, and honey. I came up with Fire & Ice (Cream) - a hot and cold dessert! It is basically un-fried ice cream with a spicy chocolate sauce and honey. Let me know if you try it and what you think.
Vanilla Ice Cream - I used Edy's French Vanilla
4 cups Corn Flakes
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup Hershey Chocolate Syrup
1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
Gloves will help a lot in making the ice cream balls. Scoop out your ice cream and use your hands to form into a nice size ball. It is ok if they are a bit melty, you want this right now. Once you make all four ice cream balls now you can coat them. One at a time, gently place the ball in the bowl with the cereal mixture and roll around to coat. Do this for each ball and then place on a plate back in the freezer to firm up (as hard as you would like - but 30 minutes was enough for us).
While the ice cream is in the freezer you can make the chocolate sauce. Simply combine the Hershey syrup with the Tabasco sauce and stir very well. You can add more or less depending on your taste level. Hubby thought this was a tad spicy for him, but I thought it could use more. Just add a little at a time until you get a heat level you like. The chocolate flavor overrides the vinegar at the beginning, but at the end of tasting you should feel that hot tingling on your tongue.
Now simply place one ice cream ball in a bowl and drizzle with the spicy chocolate sauce and honey. Enjoy!
Thanks again to My Wooden Spoon for the challenge. Hubby and I had fun making this and eating it!
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- A girl needs some Chunky Bling in her life
- Soft Pretzel Recipe & Tropical Traditions Review
- The View Brand Ambassador
- Official General Hospital Brand Ambassador
- Giveaway winner of $25 Spa Salon Wish Gift Card
- Free Community Coffee sample for signing up for Pe...
- Giveaway winner of Katie and Kimble Winner of Moms...
- Time to get your McDonald's Shamrock Shake!
- Happy National Banana Bread featuring Anna Banana ...
- Guest Chef Karen cooks up Potato Leek Gratin from ...
- Win a Cozy for Kids by St. Eve Kids *Giveaway* END...
- 4 Book Giveaway Winners
- Happy Pancake Day!
- Congrats to Pennywise for their first Giveaway wit...
- Guest Chef Lynda cooks up Old Fashioned Candy Appl...
- Zippy Pizza Fondue by Gooseberry Patch
- Oooey Gooey Onion Cheese Bread with Guest Chef Dia...
- Time to pamper yourself with a $25 Spa & Salon WIS...
- Top 10 tips for a fun, distraction-free family vac...
- Congrats to Author Linda Thieman for getting a Mom...
- Katie & Kimble Series by Linda Thieman honored wit...
- Today is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day with Gues...
- My Broccoli Potato Cheese soup made Meal of the Da...
- Redbox Movie Code WINNERS *10* giveaway winners
- I love Redbox! Do you? Rental Code Giveaway
- National Homemade Soup day featuring quick & easy ...
- Sign Up for the Eat Better America Coupon Booklet ...
- Mexican Taco Soup and Tortilla Soup with Guest Che...
- Yea! I'm one of the new Soft Scrub Captains!
- Best YA of 2009 Mega Giveaway
- WordToons allows you to play with your words!
- Guest Chef Robyn with Fire and Ice (cream)
- Snow much Fun! Giveaway Wii Winter Fun
- ▼ February (33)
- ► 2009 (229)