This is an easy summer salad recipe to make for your family. It is important to eat healthy recipes even if you only have a little time to prepare meals.
Cilantro Lime Dressing (click to print recipe)
4 cups fresh cilantro leaves and soft stems
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (4-5 limes)
1/2 cup vegetable or olive oil
1-2 tablespoons honey for taste
garlic power, salt & pepper added to taste
1. Add all ingredients into a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
This dressing is a double batch. We use over half of it for one meal for a family of 5. The leftover gets used the next day for a light lunch.
Asian Chicken Salad (click to print recipe)
1-2 rotisserie chickens, meat shredded (4-6 cups of any chicken)
1 medium red cabbage, cored & thinly chopped
2 red bell peppers, cleaned and thinly sliced
1 romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces
4 green onions, thinly sliced
Optional items for salad
1 cup cashews
1 cup broken ramen noodles
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup oriental crunchy noodles
1 cup Asian salad strips
1. Toss together salad ingredients except chicken.
2. The optional ingredients are used more for a "salad bar" type options. They are available for those to pick and choose their favorites.
3. Let each individual add in their own chicken.
4. Let each individual pour on their own dressing.
We love this salad the next day as leftovers. If you are going to eat all of this at once, just toss in the chicken and dressing. If not, it works best to individual make each salad so the veggies stay fresh.
We love this salad. It is so beautiful and tasty!