(Oh by the way, I think I love taking photos of what I cook about as much as I love cooking. My family is so patient with me needing to photograph the food before we eat it!)
Coconut Amish Friendship Bread (click for printable recipe)
1 c Amish friendship bread starter
3/4 c oil
3/4 c coconut milk
1 c sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c. coconut flour (you can skip this and just use a total of 2 c. all purpose flour)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large box (5.1 oz) instant coconut pudding mix
1 1/2 c unsweetened shredded coconut (you can use sweetened)
1. Preheat your oven to 325°.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the starter, eggs, oil, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix.
4. Add the starter mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until the batter just barely comes together. Gently stir in 1 cup of the shredded coconut.
5. Divide the batter evenly between two well greased loaf pans. Sprinkle some coconut in the bottom of the pan and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of coconut evenly over the top of the two loaves.
6. Place the pans in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a bread comes out clean. Allow the breads to cool in their pans for 10 minutes before turning them out on a wire rack to cool. After 10 minutes you can eat a piece.
*I did sprinkle some sugar on top of the coconut because I was using unsweetened coconut.