Friday, October 21, 2011
A CONVERSATION WITH MISS PIGGY
MISS PIGGY (Miss Piggy) makes her long-awaited and much-sought-after return to the big screen in 2011 in Disney’s “The Muppets.” The larger-than-life star of television, film, stage, online and all media known and unknown throughout the universe has been dominating show business since her initial public appearance in the chorus on “The Herb Alpert Special” in 1974.
She appeared as 1st Sow in the “Return to the Planet of the Pigs” sketch on “The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence” in 1975 (which was, in effect, the pilot for “The Muppet Show”). But her unforgettable break-out performance came during the musical number “Temptation” on very first episode of “The Muppet Show.” Miss Piggy started as a chorus pig and came back a star… who wouldn’t let go of Kermit. The rest is history.
Miss Piggy’s film credits include “The Muppet Movie” (1979), “The Great Muppet Caper” (1981), “The Muppets Take Manhattan” (1984), “The Muppet Christmas Carol” (1992), “Muppet Treasure Island” (1996) and “Muppets from Space” (1999). She’s also had starring roles in the TV films “Muppets Wizard of Oz” (2005) and “A Muppet Christmas: Letters to Santa.” In addition to her star-making turn in “The Muppet Show,” which ran from 1976-1981, Miss Piggy’s television credits include “Muppets Tonight,” as well as the blockbuster TV specials “Miss Piggy’s Hollywood” and “The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show.”
She has appeared on every talk show worth talking about, including “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno,” “Live with Regis and Kelly,” “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “The View” and “Today,” among others. Piggy has also been featured on “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Got Talent,” among other notable programs lucky enough to land her talents. She stars in a veritable cornucopia of videos and captivated audiences worldwide with her appearance in the recent Webby-winning Muppet viral video performance of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” (2009). She has graced the covers of magazines around the world and appeared on the 68th Annual Academy Awards® as a presenter. She is still (impatiently) awaiting her first nomination.
Piggy’s book “Miss Piggy’s Guide to Life” was a national bestseller. And she recently followed up this success with her wildly popular book “The Diva Code: Miss Piggy on Life, Love, and the 10,000 Idiotic Things Men Frogs Do.”
A CONVERSATION WITH MISS PIGGY…
What is Disney’s “The Muppets” about?
It’s moi’s story, of course. It’s about how I am working in Paris and Kermit and the other Muppets come over and beg me to come home. I run the complete gamut of acting—from smiling to frowning. It’s got Oscar® written all over it—and I’m not just talking de La Renta. I have heard rumors that there’s another storyline in the movie that doesn’t involve moi, but who really cares about that?
What is your role in Disney’s “The Muppets?”
Moi plays moi. It’s a casting no-brainer. Naturally, all of Hollywood’s top actresses tested for the part—Roberts, Streep, Winslet, Jolie, Bullock—but in the end they decided that there is only one moi and I’m it!
In the movie, I portray the plus-size fashion editor of Vogue Paris—I’m in charge of a whole office full of editors who all want to look just like moi. But of course, Kermit wants me back with the Muppets to save the day and put on some big show. Can I resist? Well, see the movie and find out.
How does your life differ from the characters you portray on the big screen?
In real life, my wardrobe is much, much bigger and more expensive, but I’m a lot like what you see on the big screen. The camera does add a few pounds—when people meet me in person they’re always amazed at how svelte I am. Take my word for it.
What made you agree to star in Disney’s “The Muppets”?
It was written especially for moi. And they said I could keep all the shoes.
What is the funniest scene in the film?
The scene where Kermie begs me to come back to Hollywood with him is the funniest scene. I’m hilarious; and the frog isn’t half bad either. There are so many very funny scenes in the film… and guess what, moi is in all of them! Coincidence? I don’t think so.
What was it like working opposite Jason Segel?
Jason is a sweet, sweet man… and a very funny comedic actor. Of course, when I heard he wrote the movie and could write my part even bigger, we became best friends forever.
Amy and moi are so much alike, except for the fact that she’s been nominated for an Academy Award® THREE TIMES and I’ve gotten bupkis! (Entres nous, I think they just don’t want to nominate anyone outside their species.)
There was a little tension at first, but once Amy learned about not touching the frog, we became fast friends. We hang together whenever we’re in the same city, which up to now has been… let’s see… never.
What can I say about Kermie and moi? Separately we’re fabulous and together we are absolute legends—like Astaire & Rogers, Tracy & Hepburn, Oprah & Stedman.
Walter is delightful! He worships the Muppets and especially moi. And as everyone knows, I absolutely adore being worshipped.
You are a fashion icon. What is your secret?
I have a few fashion secrets:
· Never wear anything that requires a hoist to get into.
· There is no such thing as too much accessorizing.
· If it’s expensive, it fits.
· Style comes in all shapes and sizes. Therefore, the bigger you are, the more style you have.
What do you do in your free time?
Shop. Eat Chocolate. Pose for photographers. Rinse. Repeat. I’m a diva. I have people to schedule my free time. You have no idea how time consuming that is.
Are you and Kermit together?
Of course we’re together. In the movie, we seem to be apart, but that’s just for dramatic tension. In real life, we’re fabulously happy and the longest-running interspecies couple in all of Hollywood.
Why should audiences see Disney’s “The Muppets”?
Because moi is in it! What a silly question!
It is the best movie I have ever made…and therefore the best movie ever made. Other than that, it’s got a lot of laughs and you’ll have a good time. Are those enough reasons for you?
To get closer to the diva pig, check out http://disney.go.com/muppets/portfolio/piggy/videos.html.
ABOUT THE MOVIE
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets' former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate. With secret, signature, celebrity cameos, Disney’s “The Muppets” hits the big screen Nov. 23, 2011.
- ► 2012 (531)
- How to Have a Miserable Toddler Trick 'o Treating ...
- Redbox Halloween Movie Giveaway! Trick-or-Treat!
- Spiced Pumpkin Bars by Gooseberry Patch
- Extreme Face Painting: Family Friendly
- The Perfect Pumpkin for Cooking or Carving
- Think Safety First During 'Spooktacular' Halloween...
- Click to get $2 Amazon MP3 credit! Hurry!
- Celebrate Food Day With These 5 Budget-friendly Ti...
- Pumpkin Recipe Round Up! Come link up.
- FREE Spooky Treat eCookbook with Mr. Food
- What is Halloween? I DARE you to read this!
- FREE Nook & Kindle ereader Cookbooks with Gooseber...
- 5 Solutions to De-stress a Hectic After School Sch...
- FREE KIDZ BOP: Be A Pop Star! ebook!
- Don't Crank Up the Heat - 6 High-Tech Tips for Kee...
- A CONVERSATION WITH MISS PIGGY
- Feast on Halloween Candy while Avoiding Tooth Deca...
- Top 10 Online Return Policies- I never knew this!
- Budgeting Beauty: How to Save on Essentials
- Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendsh Bread
- Comment LOVE Friday!
- Conversation with Kermit the Frog
- Fresh Baked Recipe Round up with Gooseberry Patch
- THQ uDraw Your City Contest
- Super easy White Chili Recipe
- Gooseberry Patch Thanksgiving Cookbook
- Freschetta Giveaway for National Bread Cancer Mont...
- 9 Supermarket Strategies Designed to Make You Spen...
- Crafting timelines- make and keep a schedule!
- Happy National Costume Swap Day
- Let's do a Comment LOVE Friday! Come link up
- Blogger Stats and Appreciation Day
- Giveaway: Dreamworks Pictures Real Steel Prize Pac...
- America's Horror Hot Spots, Scaredy-Cats & Redbox ...
- Hearty Homestyle Recipe link up!
- FREE NOOK Cookbook by Prevention
- Sylvan Learning Fit 4 Algebra Screener
- Big G Cereal Giveaway and Chocolate Cereal Recipe
- Along Wooded Paths Facebook Party & Review
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide vs. For Dummies Books
- Cerra Be Aware, Act, Reflect products
- ▼ October (41)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)