Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Super easy White Chili Recipe
1 jar Randall white northern beans (I've never seen another brand but it is OK to use a different brand)
3 large chicken breast, cooked & shredded
2 large onions, chopped
1/2 c. garlic, minced
1 bunch of celery, chopped
1/2 c. jalapenos from a jar
1/2 c. jalapeno jar liquid
1- 2 quarts of chicken stock (varies on how juicy you want your chili)
1. Pre cook the chicken in 6 cups of water, seasoned with salt, pepper, celery salt or seeds or seasoning salt. Use 1/4 cup of any combination of the seasonings. Simmer it on the stove for 45 min- 1 hour. Keep an eye on the water. Add to it as needed to keep water above the chicken. This will give you some chicken broth, too. Take chicken and shred it. To save time you can use a store purchased chicken.
2. Once chicken is cooked and shredded, add in all the above ingredients in a large pot. Cook all together, simmering until it the celery and onions are soft. This usually take 1- 1 1/2 hours.
3. Add ins- once the chili is done you can eat it as is or you can have sides for people to add to their chili. We always offer salsa, jalapenos and sour cream.
4. Serve with corn bread or a favorite crusty bread.
I always make a double batch so we have extra for the next day's lunch.
I often use dry white northern beans. If I'm taking this route, they have to be presoaked and cooked until semi soft before adding in with all the other ingredients. Follow the directions and time needed for prep on bean bag on pre soaking and cooking.
- ► 2012 (531)
- How to Have a Miserable Toddler Trick 'o Treating ...
- Redbox Halloween Movie Giveaway! Trick-or-Treat!
- Spiced Pumpkin Bars by Gooseberry Patch
- Extreme Face Painting: Family Friendly
- The Perfect Pumpkin for Cooking or Carving
- Think Safety First During 'Spooktacular' Halloween...
- Click to get $2 Amazon MP3 credit! Hurry!
- Celebrate Food Day With These 5 Budget-friendly Ti...
- Pumpkin Recipe Round Up! Come link up.
- FREE Spooky Treat eCookbook with Mr. Food
- What is Halloween? I DARE you to read this!
- FREE Nook & Kindle ereader Cookbooks with Gooseber...
- 5 Solutions to De-stress a Hectic After School Sch...
- FREE KIDZ BOP: Be A Pop Star! ebook!
- Don't Crank Up the Heat - 6 High-Tech Tips for Kee...
- A CONVERSATION WITH MISS PIGGY
- Feast on Halloween Candy while Avoiding Tooth Deca...
- Top 10 Online Return Policies- I never knew this!
- Budgeting Beauty: How to Save on Essentials
- Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendsh Bread
- Comment LOVE Friday!
- Conversation with Kermit the Frog
- Fresh Baked Recipe Round up with Gooseberry Patch
- THQ uDraw Your City Contest
- Super easy White Chili Recipe
- Gooseberry Patch Thanksgiving Cookbook
- Freschetta Giveaway for National Bread Cancer Mont...
- 9 Supermarket Strategies Designed to Make You Spen...
- Crafting timelines- make and keep a schedule!
- Happy National Costume Swap Day
- Let's do a Comment LOVE Friday! Come link up
- Blogger Stats and Appreciation Day
- Giveaway: Dreamworks Pictures Real Steel Prize Pac...
- America's Horror Hot Spots, Scaredy-Cats & Redbox ...
- Hearty Homestyle Recipe link up!
- FREE NOOK Cookbook by Prevention
- Sylvan Learning Fit 4 Algebra Screener
- Big G Cereal Giveaway and Chocolate Cereal Recipe
- Along Wooded Paths Facebook Party & Review
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide vs. For Dummies Books
- Cerra Be Aware, Act, Reflect products
- ▼ October (41)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)