Tuesday, October 25, 2011
FREE Nook & Kindle ereader Cookbooks with Gooseberry Patch
The cookbook starts of with Hints for a Successful Cookie Swap. The time frame of planning starts 6 weeks before the event. That is good to know because, honestly, I had no clue when or where to start. The planning stages in the book takes you all the way to 1 hour before your event!
I love the idea that everyone is to bring copies of their recipe. I am so excited for my cookie swap. I am going to actually invite the people who I know are young moms, young women who do not have a lot of baking experience. I think this will be a good way for them to get recipe ideas and a variety to share with family and friends. Through out the book there are other tips & ideas for your cookie swap.
On to the recipes! The book contains Classic cookies that work great for a cookie swap. Some of the tasty recipes include Merry Spritz-mas Cookies (I've never made these), White Chocolate Raspberry Diamonds, Peppermint Cookie Wands, Linzer Tart Cookies (I make a similar version of these every year and they are a HUGE hit), Nutty Butterscotch Squares, Sparkling Orange Snow, Sweet Chocolate Toffee Delights and Homemade Chocolate Caramels.
There are plenty more in the book! Get it while it is free. If you miss out on the free deal the book will be under $3 which is worth all the cookie swap ideas and new cookie recipes! Enjoy friends.
Find it on Nook, Kindle, Sony, Apple.
I'm a huge Gooseberry Patch friend. Click here at GOOSEBERRY PATCH, to find out about more of their cookbooks right here on my blog! Leave a comment and let me know you stopped in. I'll visit you back.
Want a sneak peek recipe? Here is one for you from this cookbook.
Holiday Peppermint Fudge
4 c. sugar
2 5oz cans evaporated milk
1 c. butter
2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
1/2 t. peppermint extract
2/3 c. red & white peppermint candies, coarsely broken
Combine sugar, milk & butter in a heavy 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over med-heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium, heat and stir for 10 minutes. Remove from heat; add chocolate chips, marshmallow creme and peppermint extract. Stir until chocolate and creme are melted and mixture is smooth; pour into a buttered aluminum foil-lined 13 x 9 baking pan. Sprinkle with candies; cover and refrigerate until set. Cut into squares to serve. Makes 5-6 dozen.
- ► 2012 (531)
- How to Have a Miserable Toddler Trick 'o Treating ...
- Redbox Halloween Movie Giveaway! Trick-or-Treat!
- Spiced Pumpkin Bars by Gooseberry Patch
- Extreme Face Painting: Family Friendly
- The Perfect Pumpkin for Cooking or Carving
- Think Safety First During 'Spooktacular' Halloween...
- Click to get $2 Amazon MP3 credit! Hurry!
- Celebrate Food Day With These 5 Budget-friendly Ti...
- Pumpkin Recipe Round Up! Come link up.
- FREE Spooky Treat eCookbook with Mr. Food
- What is Halloween? I DARE you to read this!
- FREE Nook & Kindle ereader Cookbooks with Gooseber...
- 5 Solutions to De-stress a Hectic After School Sch...
- FREE KIDZ BOP: Be A Pop Star! ebook!
- Don't Crank Up the Heat - 6 High-Tech Tips for Kee...
- A CONVERSATION WITH MISS PIGGY
- Feast on Halloween Candy while Avoiding Tooth Deca...
- Top 10 Online Return Policies- I never knew this!
- Budgeting Beauty: How to Save on Essentials
- Pumpkin Spice Amish Friendsh Bread
- Comment LOVE Friday!
- Conversation with Kermit the Frog
- Fresh Baked Recipe Round up with Gooseberry Patch
- THQ uDraw Your City Contest
- Super easy White Chili Recipe
- Gooseberry Patch Thanksgiving Cookbook
- Freschetta Giveaway for National Bread Cancer Mont...
- 9 Supermarket Strategies Designed to Make You Spen...
- Crafting timelines- make and keep a schedule!
- Happy National Costume Swap Day
- Let's do a Comment LOVE Friday! Come link up
- Blogger Stats and Appreciation Day
- Giveaway: Dreamworks Pictures Real Steel Prize Pac...
- America's Horror Hot Spots, Scaredy-Cats & Redbox ...
- Hearty Homestyle Recipe link up!
- FREE NOOK Cookbook by Prevention
- Sylvan Learning Fit 4 Algebra Screener
- Big G Cereal Giveaway and Chocolate Cereal Recipe
- Along Wooded Paths Facebook Party & Review
- The Complete Idiot’s Guide vs. For Dummies Books
- Cerra Be Aware, Act, Reflect products
- ▼ October (41)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)