Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Craziest family photo disaster! Get Shutterfly photo tips!
The photographer took all the individual family shots first and then on to the large family photo. All went well, we smiled and snap went the camera! The baby went to bed and the rest of us partied like it was the last day of 1999, which it literally was for us!
The next day we were given our photos to look at so more could be ordered and guess what? All the photos were perfect EXCEPT the 22 member family photo. The family photo was nothing but a blurry mess. Really no focus at all. This was very frustrating because how do you recreate that photo where everyone looked so beautiful?
They did a reshoot of our photo but we were all in regular cruise clothes and the scheduled time didn't work for the baby so she was left out of the photo! Now that I look back, almost 12 years later, I really think that we should have made it a fun photo. We should have had props and looked like it was the meant to be photos. I would have LOVED to have held (and then drank) a tropical drink with a cute umbrella! We could have had our snorkel gear, beach balls, sunglasses, etc. But...we didn't! We all just sat there, smiling, thinking about why we had to retake this photo. I do wish that the photographer would have helped make this a fun occasion instead of something we were all dreading.
Mistakes happen when you don't want them to and over the years I have learned to go with it and enjoy it all. Most of us wanted these photos to make photo gifts for family and friends, which we did. Remember when taking photos, especially for gifts, have fun with it! Get props and just have a great time. Relax and let it happen!
Shutterfly's Family Photo Days? Shutterfly wants to help prepare you to take the best photos possible and then turn those photos into wonderful holiday cards for your family and friends. Click the link and learn how to organize, to participate and to create a fun family photo day! I loved all the tips and plan on using some of them for our yearly family of 5 photos.
Disclosure-I was compensated by the Global Influence Network for this post. My own tasty opinions are expressed here.
- ► 2012 (531)
- Susie's Holidaze Fudge
- A Live Christmas Tree buying guide
- You've Been Sentenced & Twisted Fish Games
- Join the Holiday Tips, Crafts & Recipes link up!
- Black Friday Early Bird Deals
- Great Tips for Kids Cell Phone Safety
- How to Host Out-of-Town Guests (Without Going Insa...
- Say NO to Thanksgiving Buzzed Driving & Recipe
- Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- RSV/Preemie Awareness Blog Tour from MedImmune
- Crunchy Biscuit Chicken by Gooseberry Patch
- Tiny Prints Christmas Cards are top notch!
- Bacon bacon bacon Recipe Link up
- Get a Melissa & Doug 25% Off Coupon When You Take ...
- Gingerbread Chocolate Eclair Dessert Recipe
- Torani Syrup Review, Giveaway & Recipe
- Dill Pickle Dip recipe
- Scrambled Egg Margarita Pizza
- Holiday Tips, Crafts & Recipes Link up & Win!
- CouponCabin’s 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveawayz Win $50 ...
- MoonPig.com Personalized Greeting Cards
- New Satisfying Selections from Weight Watchers #Sm...
- Labels for Education Book Bonanza Sweepstakes
- Link up Holiday (Nov-Jan) Tips, Crafts and Recipes...
- Nueva Cocina Latin Cuisine Food Review
- Link up One Pot Meal recipes with @GooseberryPatch...
- Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- Craziest family photo disaster! Get Shutterfly pho...
- Free Comparison Shopping with Digital Folio + Twit...
- Top Referring Sites for October
- Whirlpool Water Filter
- Crock Pot Pizza Soup
- FREE Cookbook eBook by Gooseberry Patch
- FREE Christmas Holiday Helper by @GooseberryPatch
- Frugal Foodies: How to Save on Dining Out
- Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe *YUM*
- ▼ November (36)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)