Super easy holiday treat! Make these no bake Snowman Oreo Cake pops with your kids. They will become a new family tradition.
For over 2 years now, my oreo cake balls have been in the top 10 most viewed post on my blog. Someone said that the cake balls look like a snowman so I decided to make it really look like one. I added eyes and a nose. Since doing these I've seen them everywhere. They are super easy to make.
Melted Snowman Oreo Cake Pops
1 pkg. Oreo cookies
3/4-1 pkg cream cheese, soften to room temp.
1 pkg. white almond bark
1 cup of mini chocolate chips
cake pop sticks
mini chocolate chips for eyes
1) Finely crush the entire package of Oreos. Add in the 1 cup of mini chocolate chips.
2) Drop in 3/4 of the cream cheese brick and mix well. The mixing does best if you put on disposable kitchen gloves and mix with your hands or a stand mixer. If you don't feel that the mixture is wet enough, use more cream cheese. The first time I made these I used all the cream cheese. I feel the best texture is to use only 3/4 of the brick. These need to roll up into balls.
3) Form into equal bite-sized shaped balls. I use a small cookie dough scoop. It doesn't matter if these have a flat bottom. Put them on a cookie sheet or container that will fit in your freezer. You might need to use 2 containers. If you want to skip the freezer step then at least put them in the fridge so they chill and don't fall apart when you dip them.
4) Freeze for 1-2 hours before dipping in melted chocolate.
5) Dip a cake pop stick into melted chocolate, approx. 1 inch and then stick it into the cake ball. This helps the stick stay in.
6) Melt chocolate in the microwave or in a little electric melting pot. I only melt 1/2 package at a time if I use the microwave. If I use a melting pot then I do the entire package.
7) If the chocolate doesn't seem thin enough, you can add 1-2 teaspoons of oil.
8) Dip one cake pop at a time. To make a puddle of "melted snowman" don't tap off the chocolate once it is dipped. Let it drip on a parchment lined pan and then place the cake pop down on top of the melted chocolate. Don't remove it until the chocolate has harden and no longer shiny.
9) After about 1 minute, add on the eyes and nose. I put mine in different spots. I put mine on a tray of coconut for serving.
Here are a few photos. If you have any questions on these, don't hesitate to ask.
Link up in the Holiday Blog hop. Share anything related to the holidays!
- ► 2012 (531)
- How To Manage Your Holiday Debt
- 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches Gooseberry Patch Co...
- White Cut out Cookies
- Snowman Oreo Cake Pops
- The Everything Family Christmas Book- Free for NOO...
- Chocolate Gingerbread Snack Mix recipe
- Cocktail Meatballs & Wiener Recipe
- Marzetti Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip #CleverVegg...
- Free Gooseberry Patch full-sized Christmas cookboo...
- Peppermint Fudge recipe & Christmas Link up
- White Christmas Bark recipe & link up
- Baked Chocolate Covered Cherries & holiday link up...
- Chocolate Peppermint Patty Bark & recipe link up
- Hot Chocolate Bark & Holiday Link up
- Holidays with Hickory Farms
- Increase blog traffic with Pinterest
- Egg Nog- egg free and tasty!
- Rush Hour Recipes for quick to fix dinners
- Top 10 December Coupons
- Creamy Hot Cocoa Mix
- Christmas Crafts & Christmas Recipes with linky
- ▼ December (21)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)