Sweet Peanut Butter Bread
- 2 c. flour ( 1 1/2 c. white 1/2 c whole wheat)
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. sugar (1/2 c. white & 1/2 c. brown sugar) plus 1/4 c to top before baking
- 1 c. peanut butter (1/2 smooth & 1/2 chunky)
- 1/4 c. Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil (GIVEAWAY http://bit.ly/b1WpEe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. POM juice
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. peanut butter chips
- 1 c. chocolate chips (optional)
Pour evenly into greasted, 2 bread baking pans. Top with 1/4 c. brown sugar and 1 T chips.
Bake 40 min and check to see if tester is 80% clear. If not bake another 5 min or so. You want the tester to be almost clear. I was glad that I pulled it out at 45 min. You do not want to over bake. It will get dry!
Serve with milk!
NOTES- You do not need to follow this recipe 100%. Use more or less flour combination, sugar combonation and use juice of your choice. I added the juice thinking that it needed something sweet added. The POM juice was perfect! The coconut oil (Giveaway 32 oz Gold Label Coconut Oil) can be substituted for melted butter.