I usually purchase the Johnsonville Sweet Basil or Hot Sausage for pasta dishes but decided to use my coupons to purchase a new flavor. We tried out the Four Cheese Italian sausage and it worked GREAT with the pasta dish and I plan on buying it again and again!
I also received a coupon for Francesco Rinaldi.(click to read a review) pasta sauce which is all natural, fresh and delicious! I have to go to another town to purchase this sauce but it is well worth it. I've asked my 2 local stores to carry it so hopefully they will in the future.
This is a quick and easy recipe that you can made on a very short notice. The prep time is nothing like real lasagna! Dive in...
Easy Bowtie Lasagna (click for printable version)
- 16 oz. pkg. bowtie pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb Johnsonville Italian Sausage, your choice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 32 oz. jar Francesco Rinaldi spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- mushrooms, sliced
- Cook pasta as directed, drain & set aside.
- Brown beef and onions; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce to meat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix cooked pasta with sour cream, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- In a greased 9 X 13 baking pan, layer half of beef & half of pasta mixture.
- Repeat layers; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serves 6-8.
Check out the Sweet n' Spicy Italian Sausage & Pepper Sandwiches, too!
Check out Johnsonville on Facebook
You can find more tasty recipes on twitter if you do a search for #johnsonville.
Would you like to win some coupons? Go check out the "My Johnsonville Sausage Italian Inspiration House Party & Giveaway" over at ScrumptiousTidbits.com where she is hosting a quick giveaway! She has several tasty recipes posted, too!
Thanks to SheSpeaks and Johnsonville for the review opportunity. All tasty words & opinions are my own.