Welcome to another Gooseberry Patch cookbook review and giveaway! Most of their cookbooks are around 200 recipes and cost between $16-$20. I have easily cooked at least 1/4 of the recipes in each book. So for 40-50 new recipes I pay $20. Such wonderful and tasty value for the money.
This month, as an Early Cookbook Reviewer for Gooseberry Patch, I bring to you the brand spankin' new Quick & Easy Christmas Cookbook. It will not be released for sale until Mid-June. So you have a chance to get this hot cookbook in your hands before the general public! That is very exciting and I hope you win! The more entries you do, the greater your chance of winning.
I did a poll a few weeks back to see which categories/chapters that you wanted me to cook from. Here are the Chapters, a few of the tasty recipes and the winning 3 chapters with recipes! Enjoy.
- Breakfast & Brunch- Creamy Cinnamon Rolls, Auntie Ruth's Shoo Fly Pie, Artichoke Squares, Yuletide Orange Smoothie, Brandi's Egg & Spinach Bake, Creamed Eggs on Biscuits
- Snacks & Appetizers- Doodads, Chutney-Topped Brie, Feta Squares, Holiday Ham Cracker Spread, Dill Pickle Dip, Peanut Butter Popcorn, Warm Welcome Reuben Dip
- Soups, Sides & Salads- Dad's Fried Stuffing, Beckie's Garlic Soup, Walnut-Parsley Pesto Linguine, Easy Cheesy Orzo, Quick Cream of Chicken & Leek Soup, Asparagus Casserole
- Mains-Skillet Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Rosemary Pizza, Trim-the-Tree Casserole, Fric-A-Dilli, Southern Sausage & Pintos, Spicy Baked Linguine, Cabbage & Noodles
- Desserts- Cherry Christmas Pizza, Eggnog Cake, No-Bake Fruitcake, Man Bars, Eggnog Fudge, Licorice Caramels, Molasses Popcorn Balls, Grandma Ruth's Hot Fudge Sauce
- Slow Cooker- Vegetable Beef Soup, Simple Stew for Two, Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup, Corn Pudding, Unfried Refried Beans, Tangy Ham Steaks, Coconut Curry Chicken, Chicken Cacciatore, Mediterranean Pork Tenderloin, Hoolipsey, Wacky Beef Roast, Citrus Party Fish
8oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 c. sour cream
5-6 whole dill pickles, chopped
1 1/4 t. garlic salt or to taste
pickle juice (optional)
Mix together all ingredients except chips. Stir in pickle juice to get the consistency you want. Cover and chill 24 hours. Serve with chips. Serves 6-8.
MY KITCHEN NOTES: I didn't read the directions before planning the dip so I made it on the day we needed to eat it. It was VERY TASTY and I wondered why you needed to wait 24 hours to eat it. We had leftover dip so I covered it and put it in the fridge. I pulled it out the next day and WOW I then discovered why you should eat it the next day. It was even better after the ingredients had time to form together. Very tasty and we will make this again, and again and again.
(click for printable copy)
2 tablespoons margarine
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt and pepper to taste
.87-oz chicken gravy mix
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. dry white wine or apple juice
1/4 c. deli ham, chopped
1/4 c. shredded Swiss cheese
In a skilled over medium heat, melt margarine. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until browned; drain. In a bowl, combine gravy mix, water, wine or juice and ham. Pour gravy mixture over chicken in skillet. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 to 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a broiler pan; sprinkle with cheese and broil until cheese is melted. Serve chicken with gravy mixture. Serves 4-6.
MY KITCHEN NOTES: I used butter instead of margarine. I also used a sweet red wine instead of the dry white. This recipe would be great to use the leftover holiday ham for sure. I've always loved Chicken Cordon Bleu but have never made it from scratch because I thought it was too much work. Just a month ago we had some premade and I was making a comment on how it is too much work to make. This recipe solved my problem because it is SO EASY to make and SO TASTY! Love it and will make it again and again.
(click for a printable copy)
6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast
14-oz can coconut milk
2 tablespoon yellow curry
cooked rice (click to get my Coconut Rice recipe which went PERFECT with this recipe)
Place chicken in a slow cooker. Mix together coconut milk and curry; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours, or on high setting for one to two hours, until chicken juices run clear. Serve over rice. Serves 6.
MY KITCHEN NOTES: This recipe was extremely easy and tasty! Serve it with my coconut rice. It went with it perfectly.
Thanks for playing! The winner will have 48 hours to contact me once I email them that they won. Thanks to Gooseberry Patch for a copy of the cookbook to review and one to giveaway to one of my readers. My own tasty words and opinions are expressed here.