Ovaltine makes for a tasty drink, hot or cold. As you read least time, I like it hot and added to my coffee, and the rest of my family likes it cold, added to a tall glass of milk. We easily go through 6-8 gallons a milk a week with half of that being used for Ovaltine. I have 1 tween and 2 teen girls and they love milk. I still don't think that they realize that Ovaltine is full of extra vitamins and minerals. I've never mentioned it to them. They can all read so I'm sure they have read the container. If not, I'm not tellin'!
On to recipes! Have you ever used Ovaltine when you cooked?? If so please share your recipe in the comments or a link to your blog. I'd love to come over and check it out. By adding Ovaltine to any recipe you are also adding in extra vitamins and minerals. Ask your kids for suggestions on what to add it to! I'm sure they can come up with many uses!
Here are some things we have done with Ovaltine:
- Sprinkle it on ice cream
- Stir in 1/2 cup to any milk shake or malt that you want some added chocolate
- Mix in 1 cup to your brownie mix. It adds a rich chocolate flavor.
- Add in 1 container of Ovaltine to your homemade hot cocoa mix. (Posting this recipe next Wednesday)
- Add in 1 cup to any cookie mix where you want chocolate flavoring.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup on top of brownies right before baking.
- Bake my Pumpkin Cookies and add in 1 cup of Ovaltine. This added a little bit of richness to my cookies. I didn't tell anyone that I added it. They gobbled up the cookies as fast as they came out of the oven.
- Add the Chocolate Malt to your bread recipe.
- Make Ice Cream! Add the powder into your recipe. More or less depending on flavor.
- Leave a link or any recipe that you have to share!