1 package Italian pork sausage links
1 onion, large, diced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons garlic powder
15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
32 oz chicken broth
2- 15 oz cans great northern beans
2 packages frozen spinach, thawed
Garnish: grated Parmesan cheese
1 box small shell pasta-optional
1) In a crock pot, take the sausage out of the castings and put in crock pot with tomatoes and onions. Cook for 3 hours on high.
2) Add in all the other ingredients except the cheese and pasta.
3) Cook on high for 1 hour.
4) Serve with pasta or crackers. Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese.
The original recipe wanted you to brown the meat on the stove top and then add in rest of the ingredients (I made a few adjustments to the ingredients) and cook on stove top, simmering for 2-3 hours. The pasta & crackers are optional and add in your pot or let individuals add it which is what we do.
IF you like Ham & Bean soup, you must try MINE!
Check the recipe data base for other tasty recipes.
This recipe came from 101 Soups, Salads & Sandwiches cookbook by Gooseberry Patch. Click the link to find more tasty recipes from this book and a cookbook review.
Here are some soup coupons for you if you need an even quicker meal :)
- $1.00 off TWO Campbell's Slow Kettle Style soup
- $0.40 off three Campbell's Condensed Soups
- $0.40 off three Campbell's Condensed soups