1 ham bone
water (enough to just cover the ham bone)
white onion, large and diced small
6 stalks celery, sliced thin
2 teaspoons celery seed
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
2 teaspoons Original Blend Mrs. Dash
2 cups half & half
1 large jar (48 oz) of white beans (I buy Randall-click for coupon!)
1) Put ham bone in slow cooker and cover bone with water.
2) Let cook on high for 3 hours.
3) Pull out bone and any loose meat.
4) Quickly add in celery & onions, spices and beans.
5) Let cook 1 hour on high or until veggies are done. Depending on your slow cooker it might be 2 hours.
6) Right before serving, stir in hal & half.
7) Serve with warm & crusty bread. I suggest corn bread or focaccia.
If you don't have a ham bone you can do this with chicken broth. I usually buy dry beans and let them soak until soft. If I need a quick & easy meal then I buy the jar beans. If you don't like ham, try my easy White Chili with Chicken.
Too busy to cook? lol Check out the coupon database for can soup!
- $1.00 off TWO Campbell's Slow Kettle Style soup
- $0.40 off three Campbell's Condensed Soups
- $0.40 off three Campbell's Condensed soups