Tips to get the kids fit! These are great for any season. Healthy family equals a healthier lifestyle for a lifetime.Tips #1-5 from last week.
6) PE time can be difficult for homeschoolers if the weather is bad! Who really wants to go outside and play in the snow or rain??? Your kids do! Let your homeschool get dressed for the weather (this burns a lot of calories) and go outside and play! PE time is a great time to walk the dog. While the kids are outside you can break open the Wii and play some tennis! The teacher needs a workout too!
7) Lunch time becomes active time! Don't let your kids think that they can line up and get food! Have them in the kitchen making their own lunch! I'm a lunch lady on strike! They are in charge of lunch! This is not only an active lunch hour but a mental lunch hour! They have to give their brain a workout and make yummy food! Sometimes, if everyone is home we make lunch our main meal of the day and have a lighter dinner.
8) Out of groceries? Get those kids to the store! Look at all the muscle toning they can get going up and down the store aisles! They can build muscle mass lifting, stooping, bending and reaching for food items! Go to the self check out lane so they can work on their fine motor movements and pick up each item to scan and bag! Let them lift all the bags into the cart and load into the car! This is a great time for them to look for people to help in the parking lot. Little old ladies love help loading groceries into their car! This will provide a bonus workout!
9) Healthy eating is key to getting fit! Make sure you pick out healthy snacks to have at home for the kids to eat! Get them involved with menu planning for dinner too! Go to the library (walk to get in their step goals) and find books on healthy foods. The library is also a great place to work on muscle fitness! Those books can be heavy!
10) Get fit and have fun as a family! If you have a Wii use it! What a great way to play with your kids and get fit! We do not have Wii Fit or EA Sports but would love one of them! EA SPORTS says "Get inspired, get motivated and get active!" If you don't have one either then use this time to play bowling, tennis, etc with your kids on the Wii. Use whatever you have to have fun and get active!
What are you doing to get your kids fit? Leave a comment!