Digital Food Editor, Kristen, entered and won the Twin Cities Bacon Takedown! Click to read more....
1 lb bacon
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter (no substitutions)
1 1/2 bags (10 oz each) marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
6 cups rice Chex® cereal
6 cups corn Chex® cereal
Heat oven to 400°F. Line broiler pan or 10x15 pan with parchment paper or foil. Place bacon on pan in single layer. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar. Bake 9 to 11 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. Turn bacon over, sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sugar is melted. Set aside to cool, finely chop.
In 5 quart dutch oven melt butter on medium heat, stirring frequently until it turns golden brown and begins to smell nutty. Add in marshmallows, stir until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla, salt and finely chopped candied bacon until well incorporate. Gently stir in cereal, until well coated.
Spoon into 13x9-inch glass baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Wet your hands slightly with water and press the mixture evenly into the pan. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into small (1-inch) bite sized pieces.
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- RADIUS Intelligent toothbrush Giveaway and Review
- 5 Second Rule by Patch Games
- Country Bob's Beef Jerky Recipe and Giveaway
- Masterworks Broadway release of Frank Loesser's He...
- Masterworks Broadway Opens the Vault
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Live Tour Giveaway
- Hidden Wives by Claire Avery - Book Tour
- Follow Me Friday!
- Giveaway of the Day- I Hate To Cook Book
- Summer Camp Survival Guide
- Giveaway- The Secret Lives of Princesses
- WNBA Ticket Discount Deal of the Day
- Socks Appeal wins Cutest Giveaway of the Day!
- Homeschool and Educational Link up
- Guest Chef Betty Crocker wins Twin Cities Bacon Ta...
- TeaGschwendner opens in Rockefeller Center NYC
- Crime of the Century 31 Bond Street Book Tour Cont...
- Mocha Microwave Mug Cake Recipe Gluten Free
- Hana Professional Flat Iron Review and Giveaway
- Shoulder Bags and Shootings Book Review
- Free Jiffy Mix Cookbook
- Tuesday Tag Along Blog Hop
- My Pepperidge Farms Milano Moment
- Hearts on a String Book Review and Giveaway
- How do you get your kids to embrace summer reading...
- Masterworks Broadway releases Promises, Promises
- Summer Italian Sub Salad Recipe
- The Secrets of Newberry Novel Giveaway Review
- Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter ...
- Lumby on the Air Review and Giveaway
- What is your Alibi? Author Teri Woods
- The Girls from Ames: Forty years of Freindships
- Febreze Fresh House Party Giveaway
- Free Barnes and Noble All-American Classics
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2009 (229)