Here is some information on this book from Mom's Own Words blog! She is giving away 3 copies of this book! Read and if you want this book, go enter at her blog! I just found her blog today! It is awesome!
(From the Book) About the Book – Stayabed Stew. Skid road Stroganoff. Chilly – Night Chili. Lovely Lamb Shanks. These are just a few of the beloved recipes from Peg Bracken’s classic I Hate to Cook Book. Written in a time when women were expected to have full, delicious meals on the table for their families every night, the book offered women who didn’t revel in this obligation an alternative: quick, simple meals that took minimal effort but would still satisfy.
Fifty years later, times have certainly changed – but the appeal of the I Hate to Cook Book hasn’t. Updated and revised to fit the tastes of today, this new edition includes a foreward by Peg’s daughter Jo and recipe updates for a whole new generation of women who hate to cook (and those who like it, too)!
This book is for everyone, men and women alike, who wants to get from cooking hour to cocktail hour in as little time as possible.
The Review - Chapter 1 – “Never doubt it, there’s a long, long trail a-winding when you hate to cook.” This line sets the tone for the I Hate to Cook Book. The author admits right off in the introduction that this book is not for women who like to cook. If you would rather be relaxing by the pool with a glass of wine or a dry martini at the end of the day, than spending your time in the kitchen cooking, then this book is for you!
TO READ MORE OF her review and to enter to win, ends August 4th .... click the button below:
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- RADIUS Intelligent toothbrush Giveaway and Review
- 5 Second Rule by Patch Games
- Country Bob's Beef Jerky Recipe and Giveaway
- Masterworks Broadway release of Frank Loesser's He...
- Masterworks Broadway Opens the Vault
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Live Tour Giveaway
- Hidden Wives by Claire Avery - Book Tour
- Follow Me Friday!
- Giveaway of the Day- I Hate To Cook Book
- Summer Camp Survival Guide
- Giveaway- The Secret Lives of Princesses
- WNBA Ticket Discount Deal of the Day
- Socks Appeal wins Cutest Giveaway of the Day!
- Homeschool and Educational Link up
- Guest Chef Betty Crocker wins Twin Cities Bacon Ta...
- TeaGschwendner opens in Rockefeller Center NYC
- Crime of the Century 31 Bond Street Book Tour Cont...
- Mocha Microwave Mug Cake Recipe Gluten Free
- Hana Professional Flat Iron Review and Giveaway
- Shoulder Bags and Shootings Book Review
- Free Jiffy Mix Cookbook
- Tuesday Tag Along Blog Hop
- My Pepperidge Farms Milano Moment
- Hearts on a String Book Review and Giveaway
- How do you get your kids to embrace summer reading...
- Masterworks Broadway releases Promises, Promises
- Summer Italian Sub Salad Recipe
- The Secrets of Newberry Novel Giveaway Review
- Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter ...
- Lumby on the Air Review and Giveaway
- What is your Alibi? Author Teri Woods
- The Girls from Ames: Forty years of Freindships
- Febreze Fresh House Party Giveaway
- Free Barnes and Noble All-American Classics
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2009 (229)