review and cookbook giveaway for 101 Recipes for Gluten Free Microwave Mug Cakes. Here is the recipe for the cake I made!
Mocha Microwave Mug Cake
1 T chocolate pudding, prepared
2 T oil
1/8 t vanilla extract
1/8 t baking powder
1/4 t instant coffee, unprepared
4 T sugar
2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
4 T all-purpose flour
*Prepare microwaveable mug by coating the inside lightly with cooking spray.
*Mix the ingredients in a small bowl. Beat egg first with a spoon and mix in other liquid ingredients. Then add dry ingredients and mix until you've removed all the lumps.
*Pour the batter into the mug (do not fill more than halfway) and smooth the top with a spoon. Thump mug firmly on the tabletop six times to remove excess air bubbles. Place mug on top of a microwavable small plate or saucer.
*Bake 3-4 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the microwave mug cake and remove the toothpick. If it is dry then the MMC is done.
*Wait 2 minutes, then run a butter knife along the inside of the mug and tip the cake into plate. Position the mug so that the slightly rounded top is on top. Your microwave mug cake will now look like a slightly overgrown muffin.
NOTE: Single-serve coffee makers are fine, but those lovely orange envelopes with freeze-dried instant coffee granules inside are a lot cheaper. Try one.
Frost the whole cake with chocolate or mocha frosting, or split the mmc in half, and frost each half individually (in which case you'll end up with two separate mmcs-or you can reassemble the frosted halves to create a layered mmc.) Decorate, if you wish, with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
*MY TAKE ON THE RECIPE: It was DELISH and 1,000 better than I ever thought possible. I didn't have frosting on hand so when the cake came out I toss on some chocolate chips and let the heat melt them. I smeared them around and then added 2 T chocolate pudding that was left-over from the recipe.
*I did NOT smooth out the cake mix once it was in the mug. My cake was a tad lopsided because of this. So make sure you smooth it out.
*I did NOT thump the mug and ended up with some air pockets in my baked cake. It didn't affect the taste but I suggest you do that as directed!
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- RADIUS Intelligent toothbrush Giveaway and Review
- 5 Second Rule by Patch Games
- Country Bob's Beef Jerky Recipe and Giveaway
- Masterworks Broadway release of Frank Loesser's He...
- Masterworks Broadway Opens the Vault
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Live Tour Giveaway
- Hidden Wives by Claire Avery - Book Tour
- Follow Me Friday!
- Giveaway of the Day- I Hate To Cook Book
- Summer Camp Survival Guide
- Giveaway- The Secret Lives of Princesses
- WNBA Ticket Discount Deal of the Day
- Socks Appeal wins Cutest Giveaway of the Day!
- Homeschool and Educational Link up
- Guest Chef Betty Crocker wins Twin Cities Bacon Ta...
- TeaGschwendner opens in Rockefeller Center NYC
- Crime of the Century 31 Bond Street Book Tour Cont...
- Mocha Microwave Mug Cake Recipe Gluten Free
- Hana Professional Flat Iron Review and Giveaway
- Shoulder Bags and Shootings Book Review
- Free Jiffy Mix Cookbook
- Tuesday Tag Along Blog Hop
- My Pepperidge Farms Milano Moment
- Hearts on a String Book Review and Giveaway
- How do you get your kids to embrace summer reading...
- Masterworks Broadway releases Promises, Promises
- Summer Italian Sub Salad Recipe
- The Secrets of Newberry Novel Giveaway Review
- Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter ...
- Lumby on the Air Review and Giveaway
- What is your Alibi? Author Teri Woods
- The Girls from Ames: Forty years of Freindships
- Febreze Fresh House Party Giveaway
- Free Barnes and Noble All-American Classics
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2009 (229)