Tuesday, July 6, 2010
How do you get your kids to embrace summer reading?
What did we do to get her to embrace reading? We spent time at the library and book stores browsing around at all the potential subjects she could explore. At first it would involve pulling off books and just looking through the pages. Eventually she found a subject that drew her interest. Those trips became a joy for her. She couldn't wait to check out the next book. We also found that magazines were a huge help, too. The short stories with great photos were enough to catch her attention.
The key to embrace reading is to take your children to the library and let them explore all the treasures that awaits them! This young teen reads all the time now. She even has a "list" of books to read!
About I Can Read!:
The number one beginner reader series in the country, I Can Read!, is the open door to a child’s adventure with the most beloved characters in the history of children’s literature. It is the premiere and proven series for encouraging young readers from early reading together to advanced reading alone. The series debuted in 1957 with the introduction of a familiar favorite, Little Bear. It was one of the first ever easy-to-read books that children could read independently, and has been in print ever since. Now with more than 6 million I Can Read! books sold, including 200 titles, I Can Read! books is the best series to take children step by step into the wonderful world of reading on their own. Check them out for more reading activities!
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- RADIUS Intelligent toothbrush Giveaway and Review
- 5 Second Rule by Patch Games
- Country Bob's Beef Jerky Recipe and Giveaway
- Masterworks Broadway release of Frank Loesser's He...
- Masterworks Broadway Opens the Vault
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe
- Yo Gabba Gabba! Live Tour Giveaway
- Hidden Wives by Claire Avery - Book Tour
- Follow Me Friday!
- Giveaway of the Day- I Hate To Cook Book
- Summer Camp Survival Guide
- Giveaway- The Secret Lives of Princesses
- WNBA Ticket Discount Deal of the Day
- Socks Appeal wins Cutest Giveaway of the Day!
- Homeschool and Educational Link up
- Guest Chef Betty Crocker wins Twin Cities Bacon Ta...
- TeaGschwendner opens in Rockefeller Center NYC
- Crime of the Century 31 Bond Street Book Tour Cont...
- Mocha Microwave Mug Cake Recipe Gluten Free
- Hana Professional Flat Iron Review and Giveaway
- Shoulder Bags and Shootings Book Review
- Free Jiffy Mix Cookbook
- Tuesday Tag Along Blog Hop
- My Pepperidge Farms Milano Moment
- Hearts on a String Book Review and Giveaway
- How do you get your kids to embrace summer reading...
- Masterworks Broadway releases Promises, Promises
- Summer Italian Sub Salad Recipe
- The Secrets of Newberry Novel Giveaway Review
- Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Peanut Butter ...
- Lumby on the Air Review and Giveaway
- What is your Alibi? Author Teri Woods
- The Girls from Ames: Forty years of Freindships
- Febreze Fresh House Party Giveaway
- Free Barnes and Noble All-American Classics
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2009 (229)