The complete “Skinny Mini Holiday Desserts” Recipe Collection is available at CanolaInfo.org.
Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- ¾ cup granulated sugar 175 mL
- 1 tsp baking soda 5 mL
- 1 tsp salt 5 mL
- ½ cup cocoa powder 125 mL
- ½ cup canola oil 125 mL
- 1 cup skim milk 250 mL
- 1 tsp vinegar 5 mL
- 1 tsp peppermint extract 5 mL
- ½ cup heavy cream 125 mL
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped 125 g
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL
- ½ Tbsp prepared coffee 7 mL
- ½ cup coarsely crushed red and white striped hard peppermint candies or candy canes 125 mL
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Line mini cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. In large bowl, mix canola oil, milk and vinegar.
- Add half of dry ingredients into oil. When well combined, add peppermint extract. Slowly mix in remaining dry ingredients until fully combined and free of lumps.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners with small ice cream scoop or spoon. Bake cupcakes for 12 minutes. Cool completely on rack.
- While cupcakes are cooling, make glaze. In saucepan, mix cream, chocolate, honey and coffee on low heat. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
- Dip cooled cupcakes in chocolate glaze. Place on rack and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies. Let glaze harden.
Yield: 36 mini cupcakes.
Tip: To crush the peppermint candies, put them in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin or use a food processor.
Skinny Mini Holiday Desserts.
Skinny Mini recipe #1- Mini Pumpkin Date Nut Cakes with Maple Frosting
Skinny Mini recipe #2-Mini Peppermint Cupcakes
Find out more on Facebook and Twitter at: www.facebook.com/canolainfo