Drawing held on Twitter 11/30 (Monday) at 6pm. Details to enter belowOur Motto: “The family that reads together has a lot of fun!” Our goal is to empower children and teens, especially girls, who are so often overlooked. We also seek to teach tolerance and self-acceptance through reading and through family interaction.
The Tweet for Literacy Giveaway is a campaign designed to raise awareness of the importance of involving the whole family in a child’s reading activities. Tweet for Literacy will be giving away literacy-related prizes every two days throughout the month of November in honor of National Family Literacy Month. Help a child to read, and let the fun begin!
How to Enter the Tweet for Literacy Giveaways
Step 1: Follow our 7 sponsors on Twitter. This step is required. We will all follow you back!
Step 2: Re-tweet (RT) any post about the giveaway. Use the hashtag #Tweet4Lit on each RT. Be sure to add the http://bit.ly/8JqkgV link for this contest page.
Here is a Sample Entry Re-tweets
RT @susieqtpies Tweet for Literacy is giving away 12 prize sets and a grand prize thru Nov Enter here http://bit.ly/8JqkgV #Tweet4Lit
Step 3: That’s it! See the Official Rules below.
Prize Package Twelve
Winner to be chosen Monday, November 30, 2009, at 6pm CT. Total value of Prize Package Twelve is $109.
1) 2 codes for e-books (click to read review) at the iTunes App Store from PicPocket Books (combined value up to $7.98). These picture book apps are downloaded to an iPhone or an iPod Touch. For children 2 to 8. Donated by PicPocket Books.
2) Kids in the Kitchen: Recipes for Fun (click title to read review) for all ages. Creative foods kids make themselves! Value: $16.95. Donated by Barb at Gooseberry Patch.
3) Aurora of the Northern Lights by Holly Hardin (autographed -- an $18.95 value), the delightful Yuletide-themed picture book by one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. Donated by the author.
4) The Katie & Kimble chapter book series by Linda Thieman, for ages 6 to 10. Lexile® measures: 280L and 290L. This set includes Katie & Kimble: A Ghost Story and Katie Kimble: The Magic Wish. These are stories of love and healing, and are not scary! Donated and autographed by the author, one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors. (Value: $11.90 per set)
5) Persephane Pendrake and the Cimaruta (autographed) by Lady Ellen. This book is the first of a planned 9 book series made up of 3 trilogies called “The Persephane Pendrake Chronicles.” For ages 9-12; a $16.95 value. Donated by the author.
6) All that Glitters (autographed), Book 2 from the Scenarios for Girls interactive series by Nicole O’Dell. For ages 10-15. ($7.97 Value) Donated by the author, one of our Tweet for Literacy sponsors.
7) Focus on Reading Strategies: Standards-based Instruction, Level C by Perfection Learning. 3rd grade. Value: $11.95. Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Linda Thieman.
8) I Just Want My Kids to Be Happy!: Why You Shouldn’t Say it, Why You Shouldn’t Think It, What You Should Embrace Instead by Aaron Cooper, Ph.D. & Eric Keitel, M. Ed. (Parenting), advanced readers copy (ARC). Value: $15.95. Donated by Tweet for Literacy sponsor Cheryl Maladrinos.
You can re-enter as many times as you like. Prizes are awarded every 2 days starting on November 8. First day to enter is November 6, 2009. Last day to enter is November 30. A prize package will be awarded on each even day of the month. Each prize package will be a set of items that are literacy related. See below for specific information on prizes.
The name of the winner will be selected at random and will be drawn at approximately 6pm CT. The winner will have 3 days to respond. If we don’t hear from the winner, we will select another winner for that prize package. We will notify our 13 winners by Direct Message (DM) on Twitter.
Whereas you can enter as often as you like, if you are not following all 7 sponsors on Twitter, which will be verified, your entries will be disqualified. All entries that comply with the above rules will be valid for each drawing, including the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize will be awarded on December 1, 2009.