Saturday, September 10, 2011
Student Discounts Help Cut the Cost of College
Consider the perks of being a student: You can sleep late; enjoy random days off; and find a whole new flock of friends.
On the other hand, college students also suffer through hours of stressful studying, droning professors and crushing debt. In fact, for the first time in history, student-loan debt outpaced credit card debt, nearing $1 trillion as the 2010 school year begins.
But let's get back to those perks. Retailers and the service industry aren't ignoring your plight. Instead, they're offering more student deals than ever before. Here are just a few of the 81 student discounts you'll find on GiftCardGranny.com.
1. Norton Software
College students save up to 50-percent off such products as Norton AntiVirus 2011 (for PCs and Macs), Norton Utilities, and Norton 360 Version 5.0.
College students and recent grads can save thousands of dollars on eligible Buicks, Chevies or GMC vehicles. According to GM, they offer the best college discount of any car company.
Full-time students between the ages of 16 and 25 receive a 15-percent discount on qualified coverages. In most states, you must have at least a "B" average to qualify.
4. CorePower Yoga
College is stressful (did you see those loan stats above?), so CorePower Yoga wants to help you relax. Full-time students receive $100 off a three-month unlimited membership, or $30 off 10 classes. CorePower Yoga studios are found across the country.
The major cell-phone providers all offer decent deals, but AT&T has the best. Students at participating schools can save up to 10 percent off their monthly bill.
6. Sam's Club
Living with a six-pack of roommates is just one of those college perks we mentioned. The biggest asset is that you can pool your cash and buy in bulk. The Sam's Club Collegiate Membership allows you to do so for just $40 per year, which includes a $15 gift card.
GiftCardGranny.com is one of four websites operating under the brand name TheFrugals.com and serves a marketplace to buy and sell gift cards online. Other members of The Frugals family include CouponSherpa.com, MrFreeStuff.com and MrsSweepstakes.com.
- ► 2012 (531)
- 101 Autumn Recipes by Gooseberry Patch
- Happy National Coffee Day and 10 tips!
- It's a Keep Thursday Recipe Link up
- Free Amazon mp3 credit! Hurry it won't last.
- Pumpkin and Ghost Brownies
- Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Free Pumpkin Gooseberry Patch Cookbook and Recipe
- Free Betty Crocker Fall Recipe booklet
- Betty Crocker Prize Pack Giveaway #MyBlogSpark
- $25 Amazon GC Rafflcopter Giveaway Round Up
- Heiress by Susan May Warren iPod giveaway
- Worldwide Day of Play Celebration #C2Play2Day
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch gift ideas
- Tweet and get $2 at Amazon App Store
- Soups and Stews Recipe Round up
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch
- Are you playing in the Million Minute Game Challen...
- Rally for Recess DANNON Danimals Getting Kids Acti...
- FREE NOOK books! 3 HOT cookbooks! Yummy
- Game Closet Organization tips
- Fall Favorites Recipe Link up!
- Giveaway General Mills' Cereal Treats Bars Gift Pa...
- CONNECT 4 Launchers game review from HASBRO
- Piccolini rich in fiber and TASTY! Kid approved re...
- Rafflecopter Giveaway Linky!
- Every day water with Whirlpool Water Filter
- Tips to Avoid Drowning in Deals
- Student Discounts Help Cut the Cost of College
- Bloggers join the 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveaways!
- Giveaway of Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cook...
- Giveaway What's A DAME to do?!
- Gazpacho Dip Recipe
- Christmas in September iPad Giveaway!
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Healthy Hummus Recipe
- Aetna Healthy Food Fight Recipe Contest #SSFoodFig...
- HOT Game and Snack Coupons!
- Giveaway and 2011 Million Minute Family Challenge!...
- *Giveaway* What Do You Expect? She's a Teenager! b...
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)