"What's a DAME to do?!" by Sisters 2 Inc.
I played this game several times with my grown up family members (SIL, MIL and girlfriends) and we had a blast. So much that they guys were playing a game in the other room and kept looking in at us to see why were were laughing so much. We were so into the game that I forgot to take pictures. Shame on me, I know. Don't worry though I do have one picture that one of the brothers took on the cell phone. Here is a shot of us having fun and ignoring the men in the other room.
Are you familiar with the game, Apples to Apples? It is a really fun game for adults, teens and even tweens. Well this is played similar to that game. It is for 3-8 players and aged at 18 and up. I really felt awful that my 16 year olds couldn't join in but the dilemma cards are really for more grown up women.
Each round has a Dilemma Card that is played. Each player, depending on how many are playing the game, will toss out Reaction Cards to the Dilemma Card.
- For example, here are two of the Dilemma Cards, "While on public transportation my purse opens and my last few tampons roll down the aisle, what's a DAME to do?!" and "I see an Ex at the grocery store, 2 aisles away, and I am NOT looking my best, what's a DAME to do?!". You get it?
- So a Dilemma is played and then players lay down their Reactions. For example you might have these cards so that is what you have to toss out, "Laugh hysterically," "Let loose," or even "Unleash your inner drama queen."
- From there the "Dame" of that round reads them, people respond, the "Dame" picks her favorite, people vote on the one that they think the "Dame" will choose and then it is revealed. Points are given, too.
It is a quick and easy game BUT you won't play it quickly. Everyone will be so into the game laughing and talking that you will need to take scheduled time-outs to refills your favorite beverage, get a snack and go to the bathroom!
My suggestions: Make sure you are playing this game with like-minded friends. You don't want to offend anyone in your group. So make sure you know your players. I say this because some of the questions are sexual and if you know that some in your group isn't or would be offended, skip the game and play something else fun like Apples to Apples.
- This goes along with the age of 18 and over for the game, too. I felt bad that I couldn't include those that were under 18 in the game. So just make sure you are playing it at a true girls night out event!
- We found that you could play this game quicker and have just as much fun without scoring points. We would have also liked blank "Dilemma" and "Reaction" cards to make up our own as we went along.
TO enter to win 1 copy of "What's a DAME to do?!" click the below MORE to enter. Giveaway ends 9/24/11
Thanks to the company for sending me a copy to review. My own, tasty & honest options are expressed here.