Thursday, September 22, 2011
Worldwide Day of Play Celebration #C2Play2Day
My girls love walking, running, bike riding, hiking and swimming. These are large motor skills that really get the heart pumping. The fresh air and mild temps are the ideal days for these activities except for swimming. Tween & teen girls go through a lot of body changes, as we all well know. These type of activities help them build muscles and strengthen their bones.
Some of the other outside activities that my tween/teens enjoy are bubble blowing, chalk art, playing music, taking pictures, reading, fishing, carving pumpkins, building a bon fire, playing in the rain, geocaching and doing crafts. These type of activities use more small motor skills. Even though these activities do not push the heart into pumping fast they are just as important. As simple as some of these activities seem to be they are wonderful because they are creative and free flowing. They are perfect de-stressors for their busy lives.
Do your kids play outside? Do you play outside with them? I do admit that I love watching them play. I've always enjoyed that. It is amazing to me at how creative kids can be on their own. Family time is very important to us. It seems that the older they get the more difficult it is to get everyone together to play and have fun outside. How do you make time to play together as a family?
(Sponsored information) The Worldwide Day of Play is September 24th and it is the centerpiece of Nickelodeon's The Big Help, a program to empower kids and families to make healthy lifestyle choices every day. On this day, kids and families are encouraged to participate in the Worldwide Day of Play to turn off the TV and play outside. Physical activity can improve health, self-esteem and the well being of children. Teach kids a healthier lifestyle of limited TV time and a more physical activities. Clorox 2® is a proud sponsor of Nickelodeon's 8th Annual Worldwide Day of Play. So take the Clorox2® Play 2Day pledge to play outside! Go here to take the pledge, http://clorox2play2day.com/.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox2® blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
- ► 2012 (531)
- 101 Autumn Recipes by Gooseberry Patch
- Happy National Coffee Day and 10 tips!
- It's a Keep Thursday Recipe Link up
- Free Amazon mp3 credit! Hurry it won't last.
- Pumpkin and Ghost Brownies
- Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Free Pumpkin Gooseberry Patch Cookbook and Recipe
- Free Betty Crocker Fall Recipe booklet
- Betty Crocker Prize Pack Giveaway #MyBlogSpark
- $25 Amazon GC Rafflcopter Giveaway Round Up
- Heiress by Susan May Warren iPod giveaway
- Worldwide Day of Play Celebration #C2Play2Day
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch gift ideas
- Tweet and get $2 at Amazon App Store
- Soups and Stews Recipe Round up
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch
- Are you playing in the Million Minute Game Challen...
- Rally for Recess DANNON Danimals Getting Kids Acti...
- FREE NOOK books! 3 HOT cookbooks! Yummy
- Game Closet Organization tips
- Fall Favorites Recipe Link up!
- Giveaway General Mills' Cereal Treats Bars Gift Pa...
- CONNECT 4 Launchers game review from HASBRO
- Piccolini rich in fiber and TASTY! Kid approved re...
- Rafflecopter Giveaway Linky!
- Every day water with Whirlpool Water Filter
- Tips to Avoid Drowning in Deals
- Student Discounts Help Cut the Cost of College
- Bloggers join the 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveaways!
- Giveaway of Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cook...
- Giveaway What's A DAME to do?!
- Gazpacho Dip Recipe
- Christmas in September iPad Giveaway!
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Healthy Hummus Recipe
- Aetna Healthy Food Fight Recipe Contest #SSFoodFig...
- HOT Game and Snack Coupons!
- Giveaway and 2011 Million Minute Family Challenge!...
- *Giveaway* What Do You Expect? She's a Teenager! b...
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)