I'm curious as to what kind of physical activity your children get at school. The reason I'm asking, I just recently found out that Schools nationwide have had to cut recess time due to limited resources, and some schools do not provide any playtime for students at all. Apparently the Government recommends that children get at least 60 minutes of mild to strenuous activity per day. On average, over the past 20 years kids have lost 8 hours a week.
Is this a school problem or a home problem? I can see where cutting PE for kids in school is a school problem but I can also see where it is a home problem, too. Schools can't provide everything for the students so parents can make sure the kids are being active at home. This lack of PE or playtime at school or home is a growing epidemic.
The company, Dannon Danimals® - delicious and nutritious
kids snacks that include on-the go smoothies and lowfat yogurts with
calcium - is motivating Moms and kids to rally around this cause, by
launching a national initiative called "Rally for Recess."
"Rally for Recess"
creates healthy competition, pitting school against
school. Five schools have the opportunity to win new playground
equipment and an all-day recess celebration. Through February 8, 2012
purchasers can find codes on Danimals packaging
(or free by mail) to enter and register their school online. The top
school in each of the five categories (based on size) with the most
codes registered wins! For more information visit: RallyforRecess.com.
My girls are homeschooled and I do have to say that they do not get 60 minutes of mild to strenuous activity every day. My girls are involved or have been involved with Dance, Drama, Tae Kwon Do, Swimming, Soccer, etc. One of the benefits of being homeschooled is that I do have full control over their meals and snacks.
We are huge fans of the Dannon Danimals on the go smoothies and yogurt. We love the Banana Split and Rockin' Raspberry flavors of smoothies and all of the yogurts, especially the Tropical Sherbet variety. We've found that a healthy balance is key for their activity and for their food intake.
How about you? What type of activities do they have at school? Home? What healthy snacks do you offer?
Check out that Rally For Recess and input the product codes from the Dannon Danimals to be entered to win playground equipment!
I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Danimals and received a gift card to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.
- ► 2012 (531)
- 101 Autumn Recipes by Gooseberry Patch
- Happy National Coffee Day and 10 tips!
- It's a Keep Thursday Recipe Link up
- Free Amazon mp3 credit! Hurry it won't last.
- Pumpkin and Ghost Brownies
- Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Free Pumpkin Gooseberry Patch Cookbook and Recipe
- Free Betty Crocker Fall Recipe booklet
- Betty Crocker Prize Pack Giveaway #MyBlogSpark
- $25 Amazon GC Rafflcopter Giveaway Round Up
- Heiress by Susan May Warren iPod giveaway
- Worldwide Day of Play Celebration #C2Play2Day
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch gift ideas
- Tweet and get $2 at Amazon App Store
- Soups and Stews Recipe Round up
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch
- Are you playing in the Million Minute Game Challen...
- Rally for Recess DANNON Danimals Getting Kids Acti...
- FREE NOOK books! 3 HOT cookbooks! Yummy
- Game Closet Organization tips
- Fall Favorites Recipe Link up!
- Giveaway General Mills' Cereal Treats Bars Gift Pa...
- CONNECT 4 Launchers game review from HASBRO
- Piccolini rich in fiber and TASTY! Kid approved re...
- Rafflecopter Giveaway Linky!
- Every day water with Whirlpool Water Filter
- Tips to Avoid Drowning in Deals
- Student Discounts Help Cut the Cost of College
- Bloggers join the 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveaways!
- Giveaway of Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cook...
- Giveaway What's A DAME to do?!
- Gazpacho Dip Recipe
- Christmas in September iPad Giveaway!
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Healthy Hummus Recipe
- Aetna Healthy Food Fight Recipe Contest #SSFoodFig...
- HOT Game and Snack Coupons!
- Giveaway and 2011 Million Minute Family Challenge!...
- *Giveaway* What Do You Expect? She's a Teenager! b...
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)