Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
Yum-eeee-ooo! I found a very tasty enchilada recipe to make for my family. This recipe came from the Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cooking cookbook! It is brand spankin' new and will be released for sale on 9/20/11. Have you ever made enchiladas? Do you have a recipe to share? Feel free to leave it as a comment.
Easy Cheesy Enchiladas (click to print)
3 lbs. ground beef
2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix
1 cup water
16 oz can refried beans
2 pkgs. 10 inch flour tortillas
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
2- 10oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 1/2 lbs. pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
Brown ground beef in a large skillet over med. heat; drain; Add seasoning mix and water; simmer for 5 minutes; Add beans; cook 5 more min. Spread mixture down center of tortillas; roll up. Arrange seam-side down in 2 lightly greased 13 x 9 baking pans; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook over med. heat until cheese is melted; spoon over enchiladas. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze, or bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, until bubbly. Serves 12-16.
I made this according to the directions. I did substitute ground beef for ground turkey and I added in 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese into each enchilada. My husband said that these were burritos, not enchiladas because they were made with flour tortilla shells. Did you know that? He said that they can only be called an enchilada if they are made with corn shells. Oh well :) Either way he at them.
Click, HERE, to enter the Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cooking cookbook. Make sure you leave a comment to get 5 bonus points in the giveaway!
- ► 2012 (531)
- 101 Autumn Recipes by Gooseberry Patch
- Happy National Coffee Day and 10 tips!
- It's a Keep Thursday Recipe Link up
- Free Amazon mp3 credit! Hurry it won't last.
- Pumpkin and Ghost Brownies
- Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
- Free Pumpkin Gooseberry Patch Cookbook and Recipe
- Free Betty Crocker Fall Recipe booklet
- Betty Crocker Prize Pack Giveaway #MyBlogSpark
- $25 Amazon GC Rafflcopter Giveaway Round Up
- Heiress by Susan May Warren iPod giveaway
- Worldwide Day of Play Celebration #C2Play2Day
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch gift ideas
- Tweet and get $2 at Amazon App Store
- Soups and Stews Recipe Round up
- Tiny Tips by Gooseberry Patch
- Are you playing in the Million Minute Game Challen...
- Rally for Recess DANNON Danimals Getting Kids Acti...
- FREE NOOK books! 3 HOT cookbooks! Yummy
- Game Closet Organization tips
- Fall Favorites Recipe Link up!
- Giveaway General Mills' Cereal Treats Bars Gift Pa...
- CONNECT 4 Launchers game review from HASBRO
- Piccolini rich in fiber and TASTY! Kid approved re...
- Rafflecopter Giveaway Linky!
- Every day water with Whirlpool Water Filter
- Tips to Avoid Drowning in Deals
- Student Discounts Help Cut the Cost of College
- Bloggers join the 25 Crazy Dayz of Giveaways!
- Giveaway of Gooseberry Patch Big Book of Home Cook...
- Giveaway What's A DAME to do?!
- Gazpacho Dip Recipe
- Christmas in September iPad Giveaway!
- Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Healthy Hummus Recipe
- Aetna Healthy Food Fight Recipe Contest #SSFoodFig...
- HOT Game and Snack Coupons!
- Giveaway and 2011 Million Minute Family Challenge!...
- *Giveaway* What Do You Expect? She's a Teenager! b...
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)