Recipe courtesy of www.wellness-with-natural-health-supplements.com
- ½ regular pumpkin (rind removed) or butternut squash (rind removed) or 1 large can of 100% unflavored pumpkin puree
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh chopped fresh, or 1 t. dried sage leaves
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh ginger
- 3 Tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 quart Green Valley Organics Lactose Free Plain Kefir
- Salt and/or pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, chop the pumpkin and vegetables into small bits.
- Put the olive oil into the pot— heat; add vegetables.
- Cook and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the broth.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for about 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it set for 20 minutes to cool.
- In portions, put the soup back into the blender or processor and puree.
- Put the puree back into the pot and add/blend in the kefir, reheat slightly.
- Serve. To garnish, add a little nutmeg and sage.
Want more Pumpkin recipes? Click HERE!!!!