Here it goes:
I thought I'd share this with y'all so you know that I actually *do* make fried cheese chips. This is definitely *not* a low-fat recipe, but it is most delicious!
Fried Cheese Chips
1 bag Shredded Cheese (Faith prefers the Kraft Aged Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar, but use what you like)
1 pan hamburger fat (though BACON fat would be great!)
1. Heat fat to sizzling (If you're using burger fat, you may wish to season the fat with a favorite spice--we use Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning)
2. Drizzle shredded cheese into pan fairly evenly and not too thick
3. Fry until cheese stops bubbling and becomes a yellow-brown (or whitish-brown for white cheeses)
4. Remove from pan with metal spatula
5. Let sit to cool and harden
Once it's cooled, you can eat it as is or crumble it to sprinkle on other foods. Not as good as bacon, of course, but it adds a nice flavor.
1) Maybe I should add crumbled bacon to it! Yummmmmmmm!
2) I don't expect people keep hamburger fat around the house. We just do this after I make hamburgers for the family. EXCELLENT side-effect to frying hamburgers. And yes, I know it's not a healthy thing to eat. That's why I don't eat it most of the time.
Need more cheese recipes? Check out Jalapeno Popper Dip, Oooey Gooey Cheese Bread, Macaroni and Cheese, Creamy Goat Cheese Balls, Buffalo Cheesy Dip and Fried Cheese Curds.
Do you have a cheese recipe to share? If so leave your link.