Thursday, March 1, 2012
Clorox Recipes For Fun! Sushi #RecipesForFun
Em and I have created quite a few fun recipes together. The candy sushi came about a few years ago when she was in Girl Scouts. Her troop was celebrating World Thinking Day with all the other local troops. Her country theme was Japan so we knew that somehow sushi would need to be at the booth. So candy sushi was invented. This would give food samples at the booth and something that wouldn't need to be kept cold or hot! We brainstormed on what ingredients were needed, went shopping and then she made her candy sushi. YES that is my 9 year old with a huge knife cutting the sushi into pieces!
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups marshmallows
3 cups rice krispies
Twizlers-colorful pack, gummy worms, swedish fish, dried apricots, pop rocks, fruit roll ups, green spray can icing
1) In a medium pan, melt butter and marshmallows on medium heat.
2) Take off heat and mix in rice krispies.
3) Line a 9 X 13 cookie sheet with wax paper.
4) Pour out mixture on wax paper and press down. Form into one large rectangle. This one batch does not fill up an entire cookie sheet. It seemed to be easier to work with a small batch.
5) While this is still warm, add a row of candy and icing.
6) Roll up to look like a maki, cut roll sushi. It is real easy to do. This one batch will give you 3 rolls.
7) Use your hands to roll it up and cut. You can then take the roll and put it on a sushi bamboo mat to give it a good sushi shape. We wrapped some of the sushi with fruit roll ups and other we formed into nigiri sushi-oblong pieces and added apricots or swedish fish on top.
8) Cut into bite size pieces.
YES this is a very messy recipe. It was so much fun creating this together. Some of our most favorite memories are from our time spent creating together in the kitchen. Everyone loved this recipe. We've made it several times.
How about you? DO you cook with your kids? I'd love for you to share your recipes either with me or on the new Clorox site.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Clorox Clean-Up Recipes for Fun blogging program, for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on this program, click here and see the Terms link
- Pinterest Easter Egg Hop - blog link up Party
- HOT end of month printable Coupons & Deals
- 5 Tips to Avoid Getting Sick on a Family Vacation
- Springtime Menu and Recipes by Patricia L. Mote
- 7 Fun Ways to Teach Children to Save money
- Old Navy BEST-TEES are soft-tees
- Meals in Minutes Cookbook Giveaway with Gooseberry...
- Best-Ever Cupcakes by Gooseberry Patch
- HOT Printable Coupons Barbie, Maybelline, Crayola ...
- Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Plaque Contro...
- Weekly Menu Plan with Easy Recipes
- HOT Printable Coupons & Deal
- MedImmune RSV and Baby Etiquette
- Enter to win $25 with Walmart and Bakeoff #MyBlogS...
- Five Days of belVita Breakfast challenge
- Cake Pops, Cake Balls and Pinterest Blog Hop
- Spring and Easter Crafty Recipe Blog Hop
- Easter Egg Pops & Bowdabra Bow Tutorial
- Tasty Menu Plan with recipes & blog hop!
- Gooseberry Patch Cookbook Recipes with Simple Shor...
- How I Fought and Beat a Monster of a Stain Contest...
- Gourmet Popcorn Giveaway by Michele's Sweet Shoppe...
- Pirate's Booty Giveaway
- X Out Teen Acne Treatment and Giveaway
- Cheers! Drinks & Pinterest Link up
- FREE Brownie Recipe eBook Cookbook
- HOT Coupons & Deals Movie Night, Food, Hair produc...
- Happy Friday! Link up St. Patrick's Day Food & Fun...
- The Game of LIFE: zAPPed Edition Board Game or App...
- Fly Away Giveaway Win $100 Southwest Airlines
- Healthy St. Patrick's Day Smoothie Recipes
- St. Patrick's Day Blog Hop! Link up Recipes & more...
- Honey Beer Bread
- Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
- Tasty Menu Plan with recipes & blog hop!
- Corned Beef & Cabbage for St. Patrick's Day
- St. Patrick's Day Green Cornbread Recipe
- Happy Pi Day 3.14 or Pie Day in Foodie World
- Pinterest Blog HOP! Link up your HOT post!
- Lucky St. Patrick's Day Brownie Recipe
- National Nutrition Month Link up #Mushroom recipes...
- Southern Illinois Save 50% at Pagliai’s Pizza and ...
- Super cute Embelle Baby bibs available at Target w...
- Meatless Meal Recipe Link up
- Coupons and Deals! Cereal, baby products and more!...
- Menu Plan with recipes, photo and blog hop
- HOT Pinterest Links and Blog Hop! Join in the fun
- Zurker lurker? Want to check it out with me?
- What are your craziest parenting tactics and trick...
- Lent Fish Friday!
- Clorox Recipes For Fun! Sushi #RecipesForFun
- Changes with Facebook Pages part 3
- Changes with Facebook Part 2
- Changes with Facebook Pages Part 1
- Southern Illinois Deal Louie's P&R Herrin, IL
- ▼ March (55)
- ► 2011 (462)
- ► 2010 (484)
- ► 2009 (229)