Here is an easy recipe, family meal that everyone loves. If you want to make this Spaghetti & Meatballs an even healthier recipe then be sure to use spaghetti squash or other forms of pasta.
1 garlic clove
1/2 medium onion
large handful of parsley (approx. 1/2 cup)
1 pound of meat (ground beef, turkey or chicken)
1/2 pound of sausage (mild Italian sausage or whatever your preference)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 teaspoon each of Salt, Pepper and Red Pepper
1. Add crackers to food processor and crush.
2. Add in all the veggie and chop fine.
3. Add meat to a mixing bowl and pour in the veggie mixture. Quickly mix by hand. Don't over mix.
4. Quickly mix in egg and form into meatball shapes. (make large or small)
5. Add Spaghetti sauce to a pan and then add in meatballs. Cook on med heat with a lid until the meatballs are done. (Usually do this for 1 hour). This recipe yielded 30 meatballs. It will differ depending on the size of your meatballs.
Use any spaghetti sauce. My quick Spaghetti Sauce recipe is 32 oz of canned tomato sauce. Then I add in 2 cups of any chopped veggies which usually includes onions, garlic, carrots and red/orange/yellow peppers. Spices to taste include garlic powder, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning and a pinch of cinnamon.