March is National Craft month which includes tasty recipe crafts like this one! These Easter Egg Pops are so easy to make and fun to give aways.March is National Craft Month! Have you been celebrating? I have over at the Bowdabra blog because they are showcasing the many uses of ribbon all month long. Yes, today is the 23rd of March but you can still celebrate by checking out all of their ribbon craft tutorials and enter their giveaways.
Do you include ribbon & bows on crafting projects? I like to add a touch of ribbon to food items and gift packages. Just last week I started making some hair bows! Stay tuned for some of those projects.
Check out these super easy Easter Egg Pops that I made with my 13 year old, EB (aka Easter Bunny.) We had a lot of fun together in the kitchen from start to finish!
Easter egg shaped marshmallows
1 package chocolate almond bark
Wilton pop sticks
Wilton cake pop stand or a foam board
Cellophane gift bags
Hair Bow Tool & Ruler (optional but helpful to have exact measurements on your ribbon)
Bowdabra Bow Wire
1. Follow melting instruction on the chocolate almond bark package for the microwave.
2. Dip 1 inch of the pop stick into the chocolate and then into the marshmallow.
3. Let harden for 30 minutes.
4. Dip entire marshmallow into chocolate, shake off extra chocolate.
5. Use colorful sprinkles to decorate your Easter egg pops.
6. Let it harden for another 20 minutes and eat or put in cellophane gift bags.
8. Determine how long you want your tail and then place it into the bowdabra. Make a loop, add it to the center by pinching it, create another loop and pinch. If your tail isn't even, don't worry about it. You can trim it when you are finished.
9. Scrunch the bow with the Mini Bowdabra Wand. While the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra, thread the two loose ends of the Mini Bowdabra Bow Wire through the loop at the other end. Pull the Bowdabra Bow Wire tightly while the bow is still in the Mini Bowdabra.
10. Gently pull the bow out of the Mini Bowdabra. Separate the two loose ends of the Bowdabra Bow Wire and bring them around to the back of the bow and knot. Next, use the Mini Bowdabra wire to tie the bow to glass mug with a handle. You can also use this to tie around and close off the cellophane gift bags. Spiral the Bowdabra Bow Wire around a pencil to create fun ringlets.