Thanks to Community Coffee, they let me review the Toddy Cold Brewing system. (From their site) This allow you to brew coffee gourmet coffee concentrate with cold water. This keeps the heavy oils and acid released by heat in the grounds and preserves the rich coffee flavor. You then store the coffee concentrate in your refrigerator and you can quickly prepare a hot cup of fresh, gourmet coffee by adding boiling water, cream, milk, etc. You can also pour the cold coffee concentrate over ice for a smooth, rich iced coffee.
My Take on the Product: What a cool system! Simple and very easy to use! This kit comes with 2 packages of bean, too! Here are a few pictures of how to use it! When it is done "cold brewing" after 12 hours, you let it run through the filter and then stick it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks without any deterioration in taste or freshness. This liquid that has lower acidic and caffeine than the conventional hot water methods. The coffee was rich and smooth. You are to then mix 1 part coffee concentrate with 3 parts water, milk or cream. You can play around with it to get the right mixture for you.
I plan on posting back in 2 weeks to report back if I think the concentrate is still as fresh as day 1. I will also include the different ways that I used the concentrate. I'm thinking about using it as a marinate and to make a granita. In the mean time, look at the photos and enter the giveaway!!!
GIVEAWAY ($60 value)
1 Toddy Cold Brew System with
2 bags Community Coffee Sumatra Mandehling
To Enter: What type of coffee do you enjoy?? LEAVE an email address with this entry.
BONUS Entries: (do as many as you want!)
1) Go visit Community Coffee (5 entries each)
*Do you already drink their coffee? What is your favorite?
*Tell me something you learned from their site
2) Put my coffee or blog button on your blog- leave link 5 entries
3) Follow my blog with Google Friend Connect, RSS Feed, Networked blogs 5 entries each
4) What is your favorite K-cup and why? 5 entries
5) Tweet Giveaway 2 entries each tweet, unlimited. Follow me @Susieqtpies and @CommunityCoffee 5 entries each
"Enter to win 2 bags of Coffee Beans from Community Coffee and Cold Brew System http://bit.ly/CoffeeGiveaway4U "
5) Enter any of my other giveaways or comment on any blog post and get 5 entries for each one you enter. Leave comments for entering. (all giveaways right side bar)
6) Put this giveaway on any giveaway site. Leave link. 5 entries per giveaway site.
GOOD LUCK! Giveaway ends September 10
Giveaway is sponsors by Community Coffee. They will mail the winner the same thing I reviewed.