National Foster Care Month provides an opportunity to shine a light on the thousands of children and youth in the U.S. foster care system. The National Adoption Campaign in partnership with the Children’s Bureau, AdoptUsKids, and the Ad Council raises awareness about the urgent needs of these young people and encourages citizens from every walk of life to get involved.
Together, We Can Make a Difference
Through the dedication of advocates, child welfare professionals, elected officials and support groups around the country, the total number of children waiting for a safe and permanent family has decreased from more than a half million to 463,000 between 2003 and the end of 2008. These numbers tell us that, together, we can make a difference for children in foster care.
But there is still so much work to be done, as there are more than 123,000 children waiting to be adopted.
We’re asking you to help us spread the word on behalf of AdoptUsKids about this incredibly important issue. Here are a few things:
1) “Children in Foster Care’ http://adoptuskids.org/content.aspx?q=National-Foster-Care-Month
2) Find out How you can help.
3) Join us May 27 at 2 p.m. EST on Twitter for an #AdoptUsKids one hour chat to get the message out about National Foster Care Month.
4) Join us on Twitter and Facebook for more information and to help spread the word.
Did you know it would take less than 1% of the U.S. population to provide a family for every child in foster care?
May is National Foster Care Month and there has never been a greater need to bring attention to children waiting for forever homes. More than 463,000 children are currently in foster care and 123,000 children are waiting to be adopted.
Children in foster care are loving children. They are children like Shaquane and Edlina and Albert. Every child deserves to have a home with caring and supportive parents.
Help us spread the message this month to reach all Americans and teach them about the love and joy that foster care adoption can bring to your life.
Thanks for taking time to read this! Visit www.adoptuskids.org to learn more about fostering and adopting.
This is a public service announcement through Global Influence.
- ► 2012 (531)
- ► 2011 (462)
- Grab Download N Go Educational Curriculum Whale Ta...
- Friday Blog Hops, Giveaways and Hamburgers and lin...
- Explore the World Through Soccer with soccer playe...
- Grab Download N Go Educational Curriculum
- Facebook Like You Back Wednesday Blog Hop
- Honolulu Burger for National Hamburger Month
- Fiction writer Husband and Poet Wife Book Review G...
- Free ebook download
- A Saint for All Reasons pocket bible review and gi...
- Tuesday Top 5 must have Fashionable pieces to pack...
- May is National Foster Care Month and Adoption Awa...
- Tropical Waffles
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Sm...
- Dolly Parton Songs of Faith and Inspiration
- Follow Friday Link up Blog Hops and Giveaways
- Guest Chef Susan Irby cooks from Substitute Yourse...
- Free Martha Stewart Cookbook Download at SIRIUS XM...
- Check out Join Word-of-Mouth, Try Free Products
- Free Download One eskimO Music Review and Giveaway...
- 10 simple food substitutions to get bikini ready!
- Play with your Veggies! Grow your own fun recipe
- Top 5 Family Fun Vacation Ideas
- Foxy: A Memoir from Pam Grier Giveaway
- Substitute yourself Skinny Cookbook with simple su...
- Partnering with Your Child's Pediatrician in the I...
- Friday Blog Hops and Giveaways
- Stephenie Meyer THE HOST Giveaway #1 National Best...
- Top 10 Kids and Family Redbox Rentals and Giveaway...
- Summer Blog Tour and Giveaway
- The double scoop on Chocolate, Depression and PMS
- HUGE Coffee Deal by Big City Coffee
- Melt in your mouth cake balls recipe
- Ultimate Buffalo Chicken Burger Recipe
- Need creative and affordable Vacation ideas? Here ...
- Music Boxes and childhood memories
- The Mommy Files : Secrets Every new mom should kno...
- Are numbers really Easy as Pi?
- Win a Lunchables Classroom Field Trip!
- Friday Blog Hops and Giveaways!
- Giveaway Country Bob's Sauce and Recipe
- Food for thought!
- Gooseberry Patch Recipes for Southern Fried Apples...
- Gooseberry Patch Recipes for Monkey Taters
- Cinco De Mayo Margarita Recipe
- Guest Chef Kim cooks up Lazy Lasagna
- National Mom's Night Out! Let's Party!
- Win One of Three Custom Design Blog Makeovers
- 3 day Cleanse Book Review
- Free Dolce Gusto Coffee Capsule Carousel with Rewa...
- ▼ May (49)
- ► 2009 (229)