We did try the Egg, Potato, and Garlic Puree Appetizer. I added in the tuna fish to make it a more powerful protein punch of a lunch instead of just an appetizer! Click the recipe to go see this and other mouth-watering recipes.
Tuna, Egg, Potato, and Garlic Puree Appetizer
1 box Old London Sesame Melba Toast or Old London Sea Salt Bagel Chips
3 Eggs, hard boiled
1 Medium yukon gold potato, peeled, diced and boiled (reserve 1/2 cooking liquid)
2 Garlic cloves
1 cup Olive oil
1 tsp. Lemon juice
1 bunch Parsley, chopped
1 can of tuna in water, drained (my addition to the recipe)
Salt, to taste
Combine all ingredients except the olive oil in a blender and begin blending. Slowly add the olive oil until the puree becomes smooth. Add more water as necessary to continue blending.
Remove puree from blender and season with salt and lemon juice. Top with chopped parsley and serve with Sesame Melba Toast or Sea Salt Bagel Chips.
With this recipe we tried the Garlic & Herbs Bagel Chips, Melba Snacks Sea Salt and Melba Toast Rosemary & Olive Oil. We loved all three of them and pleasantly surprised at how they all tasted so different. The teens loved the Sea Salt Melba Snacks and loved eating them with slices of cheese. I really loved the Garlic & Herb Bagel Chips. The Bagel Chips are baked, crispy and only 70 calories per serving.
We have been eating healthier this spring. How about you? It seems like it is all over the news and food products are following this trend. I'm always looking for more tips and tricks. I love these Healthy Living Tips from Cheslie Hightower and Dr. Susan M. Kleiner. Here are some of my favorite:
- Reach for healthy snacks. I keep smart snack options on hand to keep my energy up between meals like a handful of almonds, some Greek yogurt and honey or a few Old London Melba Snacks with hummus.
- Go dancing. In Greece, dancing is a large part of any celebration or gathering. I love going dancing with friends; not only do we have a great time but I also get a workout!
- Love yourself. People come in all shapes and sizes, and what works on others won’t necessary work for you. Being healthy is about how you feel. Stop comparing yourself to others and begin loving the person you are from head to toe.
- Our bodies work like a clock. Create a food plan, including 5-6 meals and snacks throughout the day. Eat every 3 hours or so to keep your energy levels high and maintain mental focus.
- For a healthy brain and nervous system, eat a whole egg every day. Egg yolks are a rich source of the B-vitamin choline, required to maintain the transport of nutrients into the cells and toxins out of the cells, and for every thought and movement that we have.
Facebook. “Opa!” is a popular Greek term used to express excitement and cheer. Greeks celebrate their heritage, food and family every day. The winner of this sweepstakes will win a 8-day/7-night trip for two to Greece. I know if I won I would be shouting "OPA!" up and down my street!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Old London. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.